Daugherty Business Solutions, Dallas, TX 2013
Consulting firm that solve business problems for some of the largest organizations on the planet.
Provide consulting services in the areas of Program, Project and Portfolio Management to Fortune 500 companies helping them to optimize their project process and transform their project offices (PMO)
Verizon through Insight Global, Dallas, TX 2013
Global market leader in the telecommunication industry
Agile Program Manager (Scrum Master)
Managing and leading infrastructure projects for Verizon’s customer Capital One. Accountable for gathering business requirements to lead the design of telecommunication solutions required by the Capital One projects. Activities include leading and coordinating virtual project team of networking engineers, reviewing proposed changes, identifying security risks and coordinating network changes in the production environment.
DHL Express, Dallas, TX 2005-2012
Global market leader in the international express and logistics industry
Americas IT Program Delivery Director
Accountable for multi-million dollar program budget. Aligned multi-annual business programs with company’s strategy. Established PMO functions and program and project portfolio governance for the Americas Region (North America, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America). Identified and prioritized solutions, resource requirements, risks and project interdependencies. Ensured completeness of regional requirements to obtain development, deployment and support estimates.
Project Management Office (PMO) / Project Portfolio Management and Governance
• Aligned programs with global and regional strategy
• Drove implementation of PMO processes and tools in the Americas Region
• Established business processes and project governance and set the foundation for project portfolio review and approval as well as business process and project portfolio tracking
• Facilitated Project Portfolio Review Board meetings with Americas Management Board
• Deployed Project Management Framework and Project Management Best Practices across the region
• Implemented Order to Cash Program – Aligned projects with Order-to-Cass business process to simultaneous implement billing (50 countries), collections (15 countries) and accounting (10 countries) projects across the countries of the Americas Region
• Managed and delivered implementation of human resources (48 countries) system in the Americas region
• Identified dependencies and risks with other regional and global programs (i.e. Operations) and planned program delivery accordingly
• Implemented regional billing and collections best practices and revenue leakage assurance policies
• Delivered frequent program and project status briefings to Americas Management Board
• Facilitated meetings with Product Owners and Development Teams with collocated and dispersed teams in the Americas Region, Prague and Kuala Lumpur
• Collaborated and established long term relationships with technical and business groups at regional and global levels
• Subject matter expert in project management (PMBOK, Agile-SCRUM, PRINCE2), life cycles (PDLC, SDLC, Agile), process improvement (SIX SIGMA), standard software and hardware methodologies
• Achieved CSM, PgMP, PMP, Prince2 Practitioner, and ITIL foundations credentials from accredited organizations in Program and Project Management
Syndesis (Formerly CoManage Corporation), Wexford, PA 2004
Managed software implementation projects with overall responsibility for successful implementation of CoManage’s TrueSource at British Telecom (Ipswich, UK) and Telecom Italia (Rome, Italy). Coordinated teams comprised of CoManage, System Integrator and customer personnel
Oracle (Formerly Metasolv Software, Inc.), Plano, TX 2001-2003
Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) Business Development Manager – Consulting
Led cross-functional teams to qualify and identify consulting opportunities in key Latin American telecommunication providers. Managed CALA’s OSS development and implementation program, accountable for consulting projects P&Ls. Developed customer relationships, proposal development, negotiations and closing. Managed opportunity pipeline and presented forecasts to MetaSolv executives.
• Achieved 115% of consulting sales quota in 2003 through the creation and customization of service offerings for the Latin American market
• Increased consulting market share from two-countries to seven-countries, which represented 15% of global consulting sales in 2002
• Expanded consulting services revenue 500% to $2.5M in 2001
SYBASE, INC. Mexico and USA 1997-2001
Expanded consulting practice business with existing BIG 3 automakers, State of Michigan, and financial institutions from Chicago and Milwaukee. In Mexico City quickly established leadership, control, vision and credibility in the creation of Education and Consulting Services practice.
• Responsible for Professional Services business development and P&L
• Started professional service practice with two consultants and expanded to 10 consultants in 18 months
• Expanded consulting services revenue from $100,000 to $1.5M in 18 months
T-SYSTEMS (FORMER VOLKSWAGEN GEDAS) PUEBLA, Mexico 1996
Provided outsourcing consulting services to Volkswagen IT in project management. Led implementation of proprietary manufacturing solutions and coordinated teams comprised of System Integrator and Volkswagen IT personnel.
• Contributed in the development of project management framework for VW
NCR MEXICO. Mexico 1984 – 1995
Started as an intern and moved on to different positions including Latin American support for Department Stores (point of sales and back-end), Unix Professional Services Practice Manager, and Sales account manager.
• Led and managed implementation of point of sale and back-office system for Department stores in Mexico, Chile, Venezuela and Ecuador
• Led implementation of Unix systems and database migrations for major customers including PEMEX (Mexican Oil Company), Major supermarket chains and other Mexican government entities
• As an account manager achieved sales quota and joined the sales club for two consecutive years
2011 PMI Distinguished Contribution Award
B.S., Computer Science, Universidad La Salle, Mexico City
PMI – Certified Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) # 1715251
SCRUM ALIANCE – Certified Scrum Master (SCM) # 244063
PMI – Certified Program Management Professional (PgMP) # 1238020
PMI – Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) # 313087
OGC PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified # PR2/177067
OGC Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations Certified
ASAPM – International Project Management Association IPMA-Level C®
SIX SIGMA -Green Belt equivalent (DHL First Choice – Bronze Certification)
Conrado Morlan’s Professional Activities
Project Management Institute 2007-Present
The leading membership association for the Project Management profession.
Project Management SME – Volunteer
• Core Team Member for the development of “Implementing Organizational Project Management(OPM): A Practice Guide” (Feb-Dec 2013)
• Guest speaker at PMTOUR Mexico 2013
• Community Involvement Lead at Global Diversity Community of Practice (2013-2015)
• Active volunteer in PMI sponsored events.
• Virtual collaborator with PMI Chapters (South Florida, Madrid, Mexico and Costa Rica).
• Member of Content Committee for the PMBOK Guide® – Fifth Edition – Chapter 4 – Project Integration Management for a Project and translation team of Project Management Methodology for Post Disaster Reconstruction to Spanish.
• Guest speaker at PMI Global Congress 2008 Latin America & North America
• PMI Global Congress 2009 North America
• 2009 Project World and World Congress for Business Analysts (PW&WCBA)
• Keynote speaker at PMTOUR Mexico 2011
• Guest columnist at PMI Community Post and blogger at PMI’s blog Voices on Project Management